PRE-ORDER NOW - DELIVERY EST. AUG 2023
Fx Track is new system of L-Gauge metal train track compatible with LEGO® brand 9V and RC track elements. Experience all of the advantages of running LEGO® model trains on metal rails, including limitless power without batteries, reliable smooth running and more options for control. The Fx Track system offers both the beginner and advanced hobbyist a superior quality track product for layouts of any size or shape!
Each box of P40 Switch Tracks contains 2x switches individually stacked with special cardboard separators. A full colour printed user guide is included with every box. This guide shows how to use the P40 for making many different track configurations such as parallel crossovers, sidings and yard ladders. It also contains guidance on how to avoid electrical short circuits and conflicts which can occur in track configurations such as return loops. Both the user guide and the P40 product packaging is made from 100% recyclable paper-based materials from responsibly managed sustainable sources (FSC certified).
The P40 switch can be used to make many useful and familiar track configurations. When combined with other Fx Track system elements, such as the S1.6 and S3.2 straight tracks and the R64P curve track, perfectly aligned parallel track arrangements can be made at any 8-stud offset interval. Yard ladders of any size can easily be constructed with the P40 switch. Each siding in the yard ladder will be perfectly aligned to an 8-stud grid. Consult our Fx Track catalog for more details and ideas for how you can use these versatile track elements in your layout!
The P40 switch is sold as a pair of switches in each box. It is conveniently offered in 3 configurations of either 2x Left, 2x Right or 1x Left + 1x Right switches. This allow you to choose the exact quantity of switches that you need for your layout. The SKUs for each configuration are as follows:
8040 - 1x P40L Left + 1x P40R Right Switch
8140 - 2x P40L Left Switches
8240 - 2x P40R Right Switches
- 40 studs (320 mm) long
- 8 studs (64 mm) diverging route offset
- 22.62˚ diverging route angle
- 2x switch rails linked with tie bar
- over-centre spring locking of each route
- 5 mm tie bar throw length
- both straight and diverging routes are electrically live
- 3 plates (9.6 mm) tall
- 37.5 mm track gauge / 40 mm centre-line gauge
- UV protected injection molded ABS plastic in dark bluish gray colour
- corrosion resistant Nickel plated Copper-Beryllium alloy metal rails
- suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- power feeder location with two wire pass-through channels
- compatible with LEGO® brand 9V and RC track elements